The Mirage's Citycenter is a joint project with Dubai World. The 8 billion dollar project promises to be one of the most intriguing and extravagant urban developments in the world, offering a planned city environment within the context of the surrounding Las Vegas strip.
Here are details from the CITYCENTER Official Website:
CITYCENTER'S PRIMARY ELEMENTS
- The dramatic soaring hotel tower, casino and convention center designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects will be CityCenter’s iconic feature. The sophisticated, contemporary design will be demonstrably different from any building that has preceded it, contributing to the breathtaking Las Vegas skyline and providing a rich variety of experiences at the street level. Set in the heart of the 76-acre city-within-a-city, the resort-casino will feature approximately 300,000 square feet of technologically advanced meeting and convention space.
- The Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas will mix the prestige of an internationally renowned resort brand and its matchless amenities with a world-class hotel and residential experience. Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox with interiors by Adam Tihany*, this spectacular 47-story tower will feature 400 hotel rooms and approximately 227 exclusive residences. This legendary residence will become the most prestigious urban dwelling in Las Vegas and set a new standard of style with state-of-the-art suites, amenities and architectural design.
- Recently accepted as a distinguished member of The Leading Hotels of the World, The Harmon Hotel, Spa & Residences, designed by the internationally renowned firm Foster + Partners and operated by The Light Group, will be one of the most luxurious, high-quality boutique hotels across the globe with approximately 207 elite condominiums. The Harmon’s modern, reflective exterior will give way to a world of indefinable sophistication that delivers the precise mix of privacy and profile to make it a classified, unambiguously stylized haven.
- Vdara Condo Hotel, designed by RV Architects, LLC led by Rafael Viñoly, will create an urban complex that will forever change the future of architecture and design in Las Vegas and redefine urban development worldwide. This 57-story ebony tower located between Bellagio and the hotel/casino will include approximately 1,543 condo hotel units, including approximately 280 corner-end suites that feature full panoramic views. Vdara also will offer residences and guests the best choice for small executive meetings and social and banquet functions from 10-400 people.
- Distinctively designed by architect Helmut Jahn as two glass towers leaning in opposite directions (five degrees from center), Veer Towers represent a truly innovative architectural accomplishment. The modern, loft-like residences will be surrounded by the best retail, restaurants and entertainment on The Strip. Two 37-story towers each will feature approximately 337 residences.
- Designed by Studio Daniel Libeskind*, The Crystals, CityCenter’s retail and entertainment district, will feature international luxury brands and high-end couture under a crystalline canopy of unprecedented brilliance. For the interior architecture, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group will create an experiential environment within the retail district complementing the overall city scene. This inviting neighborhood of unique retail shops, dining and entertainment venues will form the core of this urban metropolis.
- Charting a new course for responsible growth in Las Vegas, MGM MIRAGE is pursuing the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification at CityCenter. The 18-million-square foot, multi-use project will incorporate a variety of elements – from the use of reclaimed water to on-site power generation – to make it one of the world’s largest environmentally sustainable urban communities
CITYCENTER BY THE NUMBERS
As currently envisioned, CityCenter will boast:
- One 61-story, 4,000-room hotel tower
- Two 400-room high-end, non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas’ first Mandarin Oriental
- Approximately 2,650 luxury condominium and hotel/condominium units
- The Crystals retail and entertainment district will include approximately 500,000 square feet of retail, dining and entertainment under a crystalline canopy of unprecedented brilliance